New Student Orientation
Important Dates & Information
USAO New Student Orientation is an integral part in the transition into the USAO community. The purpose of new student orientation is to welcome and introduce you to many aspects of campus life including: academics, student life, co-curricular activities, diversity, and how to achieve college success.
Orientation consists of several days of programs and activities where USAO staff, faculty, and orientation leaders guide you through the process of transitioning into university life.
Below are dates for 2014. The detailed orientation schedule for 2014 will be posted soon! Be sure to check back to this page soon.
- Parent/Family Orientation: Sunday, Aug. 21
- Residence Hall Move-in Day (students in freshman orientation only), Thursday, Aug. 21, 1 p.m.
- Housing meeting for freshman, Thursday, Aug. 21, 8 p.m.
- Freshman Orientation, Friday, Aug. 22 through Sunday, Aug. 24
- Residence halls open for all other students, Sunday, Aug. 24
- Housing meeting for all other students, Sunday, Aug. 24, 8 p.m.
Join us for a brief presentation for parents and families. Learn about the resources and services USAO has to offer. Got questions? Parents and families will also have the opportunity to ask questions.
Please check back soon for the 2014 Schedule! In the meantime, checkout last year's schedule, testimonials and presentations:
2013 Orientation Leader Testimonials - Meet your orientation leaders and see what they have to say about their own orientation experience.
Alma Mater presentations - A big part of new student orientation is creating a rendition of USAO's Alma Mater. Watch a video of previous Alma Mater presentations.