Facility Request Regulations
- No outside catering is permitted except for wedding cake. Please discuss your plans with Campus Dining, 405-224-6050.
- USAO is tobacco free, as are all state agencies. This means tobacco in any form is prohibited on University property.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on University property except for alcohol catered through Campus Dining Services, which is licensed by the state. Alcohol must be consumed in the space where it’s served, not outside or in other facilities. If alcohol is served at your event, additional security personnel are needed. See fees at right.
- Posting decorations with tape, nails or thumb tacks to walls, doors, draperies, blinds, pews, drapes or other surfaces is PROHIBITED -- in all campus facilities.
- The following items are PROHIBITED in all facilities: lighted candles, fabric with glitter, ice sculptures, rice, bird seed, live rose petals, glitter (in any form), confetti, smoke/fog machines, duct tape. If you need to tape down any decorations or cords to the floor, please ask us for a roll of theater gaff tape, which leaves no residue.
- Under Oklahoma State Statutes, firearms are not allowed anywhere on University property.
- The University will not be responsible for any personal equipment, clothing, and/or other items left behind. Found items, however, will be retained in Student Services. Call 405-574-1278 for lost and found.
- All facility rental fees must be paid once reservations are approved. This amount is non-refundable.
- To protect campus facilities, a security deposit is required for every event.
Facility Request Fees
Once your event is approved, you will be required to pay facilities fees within seven business days or your reservation will be forfeited. Facilities fees are paid to USAO. Catering fees are paid to Campus Dining separately.
*Effective December 1, 2019
Facility rental fees (in addition to catering fees)
Ballroom - $500 (one day)
Additional half-day for rehearsal or decorating, $250.
Fee includes lectern and one microphone by request. Any additional technology needs will be assessed fees as listed below, and a technician may be required.
Chapel - $200 (one day plus rehearsal time)
Add $150 for AV support. Use of concert grand piano requires completion of a
separate contract and payment of $100.
Te Ata Memorial Auditorium - $1000 (one day)
Additional half-day for rehearsals, $200 for a 2 day maximum. An additional custodian may be required for each event at $20/hour.
Regents Room . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $100 per two hours
Station 82 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $100 per two hours
Security deposit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$500 or the equivalent to the rental fee (whichever is lower).
*Charged to protect facilities. This will be refunded after the event if no damages are
Security personnel - $25/hour (2-hour minimum)
If we determine that additional security is needed for your event, the number of
security personnel needed will be arranged through Student Services in consultation
with Security. The hourly rate will be charged per staff needed.
Custodial - $20/hour
If we determine that additional custodial support is needed, arrangements are made
through Student Services.
AV technician - $25/hour per technician
If we determine that an AV technician(s) is needed for your event, a two-hour minimum
Additional multimedia equipment
If the AV needs for your event can be satisfied easily with the equipment already
installed in this facility, and without staff support, no additional charges will apply.
However, you may be required to pay fees for the following:
- Laptop rental - $50
- Additional mics - $20 each
Call Campus Dining to arrange a menu or view menus online at usaodining.sodexomyway.com.
Catering fees are paid directly to Campus Dining.
Hors d’oeuvres - $6-$13 per guest
Buffet meal - $8-$22 per guest
Plated meal - $11-$32 per guest